|These are just a few lines you might like to read especially
if you have never used a washing machine outisde your home country.
This is also for those of you who need help with the French...Or if you are
unsure of how machines work in France.
You will probably have
- a washing machine cum dryer (ie one machine that does both) or two
separate machines - one being a dryer and the other a washing machine.
This page may be of help to you.
All are equipment is under warranty but this only works if the machine has not
Please read this page before using your machine or better still the instruction
manual provided in your unit.
Also ensure that APPROPRIATE DETERGENT is used. Do NOT USE HAND WASH
detergents in the washing machine. Make sure the labels on the box read
YOU DO NOT WANT TO PUT IN DETERGENT WHICH READS - POUR USAGE A LA
Also please do not use detergent for wool - LAINE in French.
These are just a few lines you might like to read especially if you have never
used a washing machine because you had a mom or a maid doing it or
because for whatever reason.... It doesn't matter.
This is also for those of you who need help with the French...
For those of you who are PROS, apologies - you may skip this page.
|Basic Principles of what a washing machine does and how it works.
- First load the clothes (Not chock-a-block) the clothes need space to move
around a bit
- Make sure you have appropriate detergent (use Ariel or Persil) either tablets
or powder (If they are tablets you may throw it in directly or use the detergent
dispenser (powder drawer).
There will be two or three sections : one for the main wash - detergent for
pre-wash and normal cycle. There is a section for the fabric softener. Do not
put the detergent in that.
- Close the tumbler - yOu should hear a gentle click sound
- Choose the temperature - Best to use 30.
- Choose the cycle - If your clothes are not filthy - just put it straight on the
lavage - if you want a real long cycle use prelavage ie prewash cycle.
There will be a knob with number and symbols and suggestions - see lexique
- Start the machine (press on buttons with words like départ or marche)
- If nothing happens - you have either not shut the soap dispenser unit or not
shut the tumbler properly or have forgotten to hit the start button. - see
- Once you hear the sweet sound of water gushing and your machine is in
action - then and only then do the following if you want your clothes dried. -
Put the machine on the sechage or sun symbol. This means that all your
clothes in their will dry automatically once the washing cycle is terminated.
Caution - this is only possible if you have not packed you washing machine.
not more than 3 kgs. If there are upto 5 kgs then you need to do it in two lots
once it is done.
If you don't want that to open - do nothing - once the machine stops - REMOVE
clothes that are likely to shrink (underwear for example or other delicate stuff)
and then run the dryer cycle for the remaining clothes.
- If all fails - CRY - and then when you get over it - help me write out
intsructions in English - write a book about washing machines in France and